Reboot - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Reboot - Microsoft Windows ; I'm a longtime computer user and I've been using Windows since 1997. It seems that I remember past versions of Windows had the ability that you could restart your computer in DOS. I have Windows XP Home Edition, and I ...

  1. Reboot

    I'm a longtime computer user and I've been using Windows since 1997.
    It seems that I remember past versions of Windows had the ability that
    you could restart your computer in DOS. I have Windows XP Home
    Edition, and I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do this
    in this edition of windows. A friend recommended rebooting with a
    floppy disk still in the drive. I don't have a floppy drive, so
    that's not going to work. Any information on this would be greatly
    appreciated.

  2. Re: Reboot

    "AshenGem" wrote in message
    news:50e6be3.0406011903.63d7bed3@posting.google.co m...
    : I'm a longtime computer user and I've been using Windows since 1997.
    : It seems that I remember past versions of Windows had the ability that
    : you could restart your computer in DOS. I have Windows XP Home
    : Edition, and I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do this
    : in this edition of windows. A friend recommended rebooting with a
    : floppy disk still in the drive. I don't have a floppy drive, so
    : that's not going to work. Any information on this would be greatly
    : appreciated.

    How often does it do that? Any error messages? Are you connected to the
    internet when that happens? Running Kazaa?

  3. Re: Reboot

    "John Donson" wrote in message
    :
    : "AshenGem" wrote in message
    : news:50e6be3.0406011903.63d7bed3@posting.google.co m...
    : : I'm a longtime computer user and I've been using Windows since 1997.
    : : It seems that I remember past versions of Windows had the ability that
    : : you could restart your computer in DOS. I have Windows XP Home
    : : Edition, and I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do this
    : : in this edition of windows. A friend recommended rebooting with a
    : : floppy disk still in the drive. I don't have a floppy drive, so
    : : that's not going to work. Any information on this would be greatly
    : : appreciated.
    :
    : How often does it do that? Any error messages? Are you connected to the
    : internet when that happens? Running Kazaa?
    :
    Sorry, answered to the wrong post.

+ Reply to Thread