Problem with Windows Exxplorer - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Problem with Windows Exxplorer - Microsoft Windows ; I have a problem with error messages with Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer in Windows 98 SE. Windows Explorer will eventually load after I cancel two or three error messages.("This program has performed an illegal operation....) Internet Explorer starts to ...

  1. Problem with Windows Exxplorer

    I have a problem with error messages with Windows Explorer and Internet
    Explorer in Windows 98 SE. Windows Explorer will eventually load after
    I cancel two or three error messages.("This program has performed an
    illegal operation....) Internet Explorer starts to load after these
    messages and then locks up the computer. I have considered
    reinstalling Windows. Is this the right thing to do and is there any
    downside? Thanks for the advice.

  2. Re: Problem with Windows Exxplorer

    "scotsman" wrote in message
    : I have a problem with error messages with Windows Explorer and Internet
    : Explorer in Windows 98 SE. Windows Explorer will eventually load after
    : I cancel two or three error messages.("This program has performed an
    : illegal operation....) Internet Explorer starts to load after these
    : messages and then locks up the computer. I have considered
    : reinstalling Windows. Is this the right thing to do and is there any
    : downside? Thanks for the advice.

    Have you scanned for virusses and spyware?

  3. Re: Problem with Windows Explorer

    John Donson wrote:

    >"scotsman" wrote in message
    >: I have a problem with error messages with Windows Explorer and Internet
    >: Explorer in Windows 98 SE. Windows Explorer will eventually load after
    >: I cancel two or three error messages.("This program has performed an
    >: illegal operation....) Internet Explorer starts to load after these
    >: messages and then locks up the computer. I have considered
    >: reinstalling Windows. Is this the right thing to do and is there any
    >: downside? Thanks for the advice.
    >
    >Have you scanned for virusses and spyware?

    Yes to both - Norton Anti-virus 2004 (updated within the week) and Spybot

+ Reply to Thread