Shortcut to Maximize window? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Shortcut to Maximize window? - Microsoft Windows ; This may be a dumb question to long-time Win users but... Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut that will -maximize- a window? I know about ALT+TAB, WIN+M and use them, but I open and close a program all day ...

  1. Shortcut to Maximize window?

    This may be a dumb question to long-time Win users but...

    Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut that will -maximize- a window? I know about ALT+TAB, WIN+M and use them, but I open and close a program all day long that only opens in a half screen window and I'm constantly reaching for the mouse, which I otherwise rarely use.

    Also, another interesting (annoying) issue is getting the desktop selected from the keyboard so that icons can be toggled by letter. I've found some combinations of the TAB will advance the selection to the desktop and F6 will sometimes work but I can't find a consistent key to get back to the desktop.

    Thanks much for your interest.

    ____________________
    John Bailey

  2. Re: Shortcut to Maximize window

    To maximize a window press Alt+Spacebar then 'X' key from the
    keyboard, the current window will be maximized.

    If we want to come direct on the icon on the desktop press window
    button(beside alt button)+D from the keyboard, all the opened will be
    minimized.

  3. Re: THANKS for your assistance

    Thanks much. Saved me a lot of aggravation.

    -jb

    "Akash" wrote in message
    news:6e013513.0405252152.7104d31d@posting.google.c om...
    > To maximize a window press Alt+Spacebar then 'X' key from the
    > keyboard, the current window will be maximized.
    >
    > If we want to come direct on the icon on the desktop press window
    > button(beside alt button)+D from the keyboard, all the opened will be
    > minimized.

+ Reply to Thread