When I try to do windows updates on 2 of my XP machines (out of 8 all
together), sometimes it does not work, either giving an error, I press
the button on the web page to start the install, but nothing happens.
I looked this problem up and found an MS article (312955) that
indicated I have to select USE HTTP 1.1 Through Proxy. Then it works
fine. The problem is, the next time I reboot the machine, that setting
is unchecked again. Damnit. What do I have to do to get it to stay
once and for all, like the way it should, like the way it does on all
my other machines?