Admin rights in Windows. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Admin rights in Windows. - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I have a curious problem. I have got a PC in my workplace which someone else was using earlier. The problem is I am unable to install any software on my machine. My colleagues tell me that it is ...

  1. Admin rights in Windows.

    Hi,

    I have a curious problem. I have got a PC in my workplace which
    someone else was using earlier. The problem is I am unable to install
    any software on my machine. My colleagues tell me that it is problem
    of Admin Rights but nobody knows how to enable it. Can some one tell
    me how Admin Rights can be enabled on my machine? Will it involve
    modifying Registry values? Our company has Win2K machines in a
    network.

    Thanks in advance,
    Anup

  2. Re: Admin rights in Windows.

    If your computer is on a domain network (vs. workgroup) and your
    company has a network/systems administrator you will have to contact
    that person because usually users are not given administrative access
    on windows domain -- otherwise you need to find the password for the
    Administrator login. If all else fails reinstall the operating system
    formatting (and in the process deleting) all data on all drives.

    anup_mx@yahoo.com (Anup) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a curious problem. I have got a PC in my workplace which
    > someone else was using earlier. The problem is I am unable to install
    > any software on my machine. My colleagues tell me that it is problem
    > of Admin Rights but nobody knows how to enable it. Can some one tell
    > me how Admin Rights can be enabled on my machine? Will it involve
    > modifying Registry values? Our company has Win2K machines in a
    > network.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Anup

+ Reply to Thread