Good morning,
I'm trying to find some averages for estimating how much time a system
administrator would have to spend administering a Windows server
environment (for coming up with how many positions we'll need to
hire).
Say the system is simple:
two web servers (iis 6 on W2003 farm),
two database servers (SQL 2000 cluster),
and one front-end reverse proxy (on W2003).
We'd probably have an app server and BizTalk, but for the sake of this
average, I'll leave those out.
You sys admins out there: can you please tell me how much (%) of your
time you'd estimate spending to admin this kind of environment?
It presumes admin-only type tasks (I know a lot of you do many more
things than patching servers, adding user access, etc.)

Thanks very much.
Tess