Hard disk Win XP password - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Hard disk Win XP password - Microsoft Windows ; I have a hard disk that was taken from my last pc running win xp. I now want to access the data on another win xp system, but it wont allow access to My Documents because there was a Admin ...

  1. Hard disk Win XP password

    I have a hard disk that was taken from my last pc running win xp. I
    now want to access the data on another win xp system, but it wont
    allow access to My Documents because there was a Admin password on
    there. Any ideas on how to access this data?

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Hard disk Win XP password

    kmarsden@eircom.net (karl) wrote in message news:<90e76b75.0405082246.577b6@posting.google.com>...
    > I have a hard disk that was taken from my last pc running win xp. I
    > now want to access the data on another win xp system, but it wont
    > allow access to My Documents because there was a Admin password on
    > there. Any ideas on how to access this data?
    >
    > Thanks...

    /
    have you tried to take ownship of this file ?

  3. Re: Hard disk Win XP password

    > /
    > have you tried to take ownship of this file ?

    No, I am not sure how to do that....I have just tried to view the
    files using Windows Explorer.

    Any ideas???

    Karl

  4. Re: Hard disk Win XP password

    kmarsden@eircom.net (karl) wrote in message news:<90e76b75.0405100205.4c0fca91@posting.google.com>...
    > > /
    > > have you tried to take ownship of this file ?

    > No, I am not sure how to do that....I have just tried to view the
    > files using Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Karl

    Login as Administrator, make a copy of this file to other location,
    right click the file--> properties->security tab->advanced --> Owner
    tab --> select current administrator account --> ok. open file again
    see if it works. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread