IE file download window on XP - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on IE file download window on XP - Microsoft Windows ; Running XP and IE 6.0. Trying to download a text file, but when I click on a text file to download it, the "file download" window that prompts me to save (like on my 2k box) does not appear, it ...

  1. IE file download window on XP

    Running XP and IE 6.0. Trying to download a text file, but when I
    click on a text file to download it, the "file download" window that
    prompts me to save (like on my 2k box) does not appear, it just opens
    the text file and am unable to save it. Is there a setting in IE or XP
    to get the file download window to appear?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: IE file download window on XP

    gothrive@hotmail.com (Gothrive) wrote in message news:<3d783759.0404221304.1e40d978@posting.google.com>...
    > Running XP and IE 6.0. Trying to download a text file, but when I
    > click on a text file to download it, the "file download" window that
    > prompts me to save (like on my 2k box) does not appear, it just opens
    > the text file and am unable to save it. Is there a setting in IE or XP
    > to get the file download window to appear?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can just right click on the link and choose "Save Target As..."
    The fact that it shows your txt file instead of downloading it happens
    because IE is also a unicode text format viewer.it is just like
    displaying an image or an HTML page.

+ Reply to Thread