Sony Ericsson GC82 configuration for MacOS X? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Sony Ericsson GC82 configuration for MacOS X? - Microsoft Windows ; Does anyone here have information for properly configuring a SonyEricsson GC82 PC card for "EDGE" communications under MacOS X? AT&T Wireless doesn't officially support the card under MacOS X, but MacOS X 10.3 (Panther) does recognize the card as a ...

  1. Sony Ericsson GC82 configuration for MacOS X?

    Does anyone here have information for properly configuring a
    SonyEricsson GC82 PC card for "EDGE" communications under MacOS X?

    AT&T Wireless doesn't officially support the card under MacOS X, but
    MacOS X 10.3 (Panther) does recognize the card as a "PC Card Modem"
    and it will attempt connection to services but fails. Installation of
    the card under WinXP yields a GPRS modem device that's configured to
    dial "*99***1#". This same phone number works under MacOS X for
    bluetooth communications with my BT- and GPRS-enabled SonyEricsson
    T616, but this phone number fails when used with the GC82.

    Please no flames about requesting help for MacOS X on this newgroup.
    I just figured that Windows users would be the most likely to know
    more about the GC82, since Windows is the only supported platform.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dog

  2. Re: Sony Ericsson GC82 configuration for MacOS X?

    model@speakeasy.net (Dog Breath) wrote in message news:<49045aac.0401091410.4333fa79@posting.google.com>...
    > Does anyone here have information for properly configuring a
    > SonyEricsson GC82 PC card for "EDGE" communications under MacOS X?
    >
    > AT&T Wireless doesn't officially support the card under MacOS X, but
    > MacOS X 10.3 (Panther) does recognize the card as a "PC Card Modem"
    > and it will attempt connection to services but fails.

    BTW: while the GC82 is recognized on an Aluminum PowerBook, it is not
    recognized on a TiBook - in case you've tried this yourself without
    success.

    And for what it's worth, under WinXP, a wide variety of authentication
    methods are permitted in the GPRS modem configuration created during
    GC82 installation. I don't see where to set so many authentication
    options in Panther.

    Dog

+ Reply to Thread