How to get files from a Windows ME desktop to a Windows XP laptop - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How to get files from a Windows ME desktop to a Windows XP laptop - Microsoft Windows ; I have a Windows ME desktop without a monitor and want to get some files from it to a laptop running Windows XP. I was told the laptop can see the ME disk through a printer port connection. HOw do ...

  1. How to get files from a Windows ME desktop to a Windows XP laptop

    I have a Windows ME desktop without a monitor and want to get some files from
    it to a laptop running Windows XP. I was told the laptop can see the ME disk
    through a printer port connection. HOw do I do this? Is there another way?
    Do I need special software? What is the proper cable?
    Thankx.

  2. Re: How to get files from a Windows ME desktop to a Windows XP laptop

    sdanyah00@yahoo.com (Dan Sullivan) wrote in message news:...
    > I have a Windows ME desktop without a monitor and want to get some files from
    > it to a laptop running Windows XP. I was told the laptop can see the ME disk
    > through a printer port connection. HOw do I do this? Is there another way?
    > Do I need special software? What is the proper cable?
    > Thankx.

    I would do this using the ethernet ports. Connect the two computers
    directly together using a cross-over cable. You can get a cross-over
    cable Best Buy or Comp USA. You should be able to browse to the ME
    using My Network Places on the XP machine. Do you know what protocol
    the ME desktop is configured with (tcp/ip, netbeui, etc)?

+ Reply to Thread