LNK4086 again.... - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on LNK4086 again.... - Microsoft Windows ; Hello ppl, Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error. But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post. I am trying to make a console application that uses a ...

  1. LNK4086 again....

    Hello ppl,

    Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
    But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.

    I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
    ..def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.
    When i link my exe, linker says: LNK4086, _mainCRTStartup entrypoint
    does not have standard 12 byte argument; image may not run.

    There were some suggestion in the groups related to release and debug
    modes, and i made sure that it is not a problem with my project. There
    were a few other answers to the problem, but i have tried all those
    and have not yet hit a solution.

    Can someone here give me some suggestions that is tailored to this
    problem.

    Cheers,
    Prasanna.

  2. Re: LNK4086 again....

    On 5 Jan 2004 00:53:18 -0800, prasan8181@dacafe.com (Prasanna) wrote
    in comp.lang.c++:

    > Hello ppl,
    >
    > Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
    > But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.
    >
    > I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
    > .def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.

    Please leave comp.lang.c++ off your cross-post for compiler and
    Windows specific questions. The C++ language has no such things as
    console applications or DLLs.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com