Forgot my XP Password - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Forgot my XP Password - Microsoft Windows ; I needed to reload XP after I was having trouble getting into a workgroup at the office. This is the second time I have added XP. The first time I encountered no problems whatsoever. I replaced 95 and all my ...

  1. Forgot my XP Password

    I needed to reload XP after I was having trouble getting into a
    workgroup at the office. This is the second time I have added XP.
    The first time I encountered no problems whatsoever. I replaced 95
    and all my settings were retained. This time I lost everything. I
    believe it's because I was too hasty in remembering passwords and
    usernames. Once I forgot those I had to log on as the Administrator
    and my PERSONAL settings (but not the office group- which is most
    important) were lost (eg, my icons, shortcuts, My Documents; My
    Pictures; My Shared Folder; Kazaa Library). As you can imagine I'm
    heartbroken over this. Can anyone help me? I'd would be very
    thankful this Thanksgiving season. Seth

  2. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    sethcarey@hotmail.com (Seth) wrote in message news:<219febd9.0311250830.79b41aea@posting.google.com>...
    > I needed to reload XP after I was having trouble getting into a
    > workgroup at the office. This is the second time I have added XP.
    > The first time I encountered no problems whatsoever. I replaced 95
    > and all my settings were retained. This time I lost everything. I
    > believe it's because I was too hasty in remembering passwords and
    > usernames. Once I forgot those I had to log on as the Administrator
    > and my PERSONAL settings (but not the office group- which is most
    > important) were lost (eg, my icons, shortcuts, My Documents; My
    > Pictures; My Shared Folder; Kazaa Library). As you can imagine I'm
    > heartbroken over this. Can anyone help me? I'd would be very
    > thankful this Thanksgiving season. Seth

    Just restore your settings from your last backup.

    --
    Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today. Teach him to use the
    'net and he won't bother you for weeks. Anon.

  3. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    I had forgot my password before.
    and look through all the internet.
    there are some methods I find.
    You can access the Administrator account through the login prompt
    without logging into safe mode. If the computer utilizes the welcome
    screen instead of the standard NT domain login prompt, you can press
    Ctrl + Alt + Del twice to get to the login prompt. This is only true if
    you are running Windows XP Professional Edition. Windows XP Home Edition
    hope it can help you.
    good luck.

  4. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    Yeah, you are right Annyyu, you can do that and this indeed works as a saviour most of the time and the same was the case with me too. These days there are so many passwords that you got to remember that there are chances that you will miss out on some of them and the tricks like this comes handy in such situations.

  5. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    When you get into the log on screen when u click your name and it asks for your password press ctr+alt+delete at once.. u will get a manual log on screen... delete the words on the username screen and type administrator. Then it wont have a password long in and delete your password on your other account from there if u need further help ask me!

  6. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    You can try System Restore to the last time your system was ok.

  7. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    Ghost or set win,the best choice

  8. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    Try to go for restore factory setting and set it on that date on which you set up a password.
    It will solve your problem surely.

  9. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    Contact your service provider or visit to the professional website of xp.

  10. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    Try logging into Safe Mode using built-in administrator account (hope you did not password protect it,

  11. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    It a nice post for windows XP users. It helps the users in recovering his passwords. Thanks for sharing this post with me.

  12. Re: Forgot my XP Password

    It is a good thread. I gathered many information about recover XP password. Also There are some password recover softwares there. Have any idea about them folks?
    Defeat Easy, Win Hard

+ Reply to Thread