If only it were that easy...if I were to reboot having the CD in
place, still I could not have success. It says something like NTDLR
missing. It essentionally ignores the Windows CD.

I can get to a DOS prompt using 3rd party emergency disks...I can get
the A/C/D/E drives recognized. I just can't get Win2k to boot up.

It's that "boot sector" issue that sounds like it is the problem. Any
ideas on getting that to do it's task while booting.