Serious Computer Problems - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Serious Computer Problems - Microsoft Windows ; I live in Toronto Canada, and I have some serious computer problems First I will explain why I am angry .. then I will explain the problems I am having with my computer lol I tried installing Macromedia Dreamweaver...Fireworks and ...

  1. Serious Computer Problems

    I live in Toronto Canada, and I have some serious computer problems
    First I will explain why I am angry .. then I will explain the problems I am
    having with my computer lol

    I tried installing Macromedia Dreamweaver...Fireworks and Microsoft Office
    2003. Each time I got an error saying that I require a newer version of
    windows. Windows 2000 or later!

    So normally I would NEVER use WinME...but I have some serious problems with
    my computer. I've taken it in to the repair shop a few times...but to no
    avail..they say nothing is wrong with my board...chip...or memory. The
    problems have been active since the day I purchased my computer...and as
    stupid as I am, I did not send it back to them, and I lost out on warranty.
    I'll eat whatever I have to in order to get it working properly however,
    since it was my fault for not returning it!

    What happens is I constantly get page faults when browsing with Internet
    Explorer. Explorer will crash quite frequently, and I have to restart my
    browser all over again. A few times it was some sort of HTML.dll
    error....but not every time.

    This is VERY annoying...but something I learned to live with. I have tried
    installing WinXP on this computer...but for some reason after a month or two
    ... I will end up getting a blue code stop error (C00002x or whatever the
    number is) ...or the computer starts acting VERY wierd...like losing all
    icons on my desktop, and can't get them back no matter what I do .. and I'm
    back to format and reinstalling an operating system....IF that even works.

    My computer is a 1.9ghz p4...80gig HD .. 256ddr ram .. geforce 4 mx440 ...
    and the thing runs 100000000X worse than my 700mhz hp used to lol

    When I first purchased it, while installing an OS, the computer would go
    blue code stop during install every time. When I took it in to a repair
    shop, they said that when they unplugged my DVD Rom, it seemed to smooth the
    problem out. They said there was some sort of conflict. So I learned to
    live without the DVD Rom.

    Then, I took the computer in to get it repaired again when my motherboard
    shorted out. They replaced the board, and while they were doing that I
    explained to them my problems with programs constantly crashing, and my OS
    issues. They said that it could be either a memory problem, or a cpu
    problem. They ran tests on the memory and cpu....everything checked out. I
    tried using a different video card.....still problems.

    Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a complete loss!!!
    Thanks!
    Arjay

  2. Re: Serious Computer Problems

    "Toronto Garage Door Company" wrote in message news:...
    > I live in Toronto Canada, and I have some serious computer problems
    > First I will explain why I am angry .. then I will explain the problems I am
    > having with my computer lol
    >
    > I tried installing Macromedia Dreamweaver...Fireworks and Microsoft Office
    > 2003. Each time I got an error saying that I require a newer version of
    > windows. Windows 2000 or later!

    Indeed you do. Buy a copy of Windows 2003.

    > So normally I would NEVER use WinME...

    Nor would anyone still capable of breathing.

    > but I have some serious problems with
    > my computer. I've taken it in to the repair shop a few times...but to no
    > avail..they say nothing is wrong with my board...chip...or memory. The
    > problems have been active since the day I purchased my computer...and as
    > stupid as I am, I did not send it back to them, and I lost out on warranty.
    > I'll eat whatever I have to in order to get it working properly however,
    > since it was my fault for not returning it!
    >
    > What happens is I constantly get page faults when browsing with Internet
    > Explorer. Explorer will crash quite frequently, and I have to restart my
    > browser all over again. A few times it was some sort of HTML.dll
    > error....but not every time.
    >
    > This is VERY annoying...but something I learned to live with. I have tried
    > installing WinXP on this computer...but for some reason after a month or two
    > .. I will end up getting a blue code stop error (C00002x or whatever the
    > number is) ...or the computer starts acting VERY wierd...like losing all
    > icons on my desktop, and can't get them back no matter what I do .. and I'm
    > back to format and reinstalling an operating system....IF that even works.

    Sounds normal so far...

    > My computer is a 1.9ghz p4...80gig HD .. 256ddr ram .. geforce 4 mx440 ...
    > and the thing runs 100000000X worse than my 700mhz hp used to lol
    >
    > When I first purchased it, while installing an OS, the computer would go
    > blue code stop during install every time. When I took it in to a repair
    > shop, they said that when they unplugged my DVD Rom, it seemed to smooth the
    > problem out. They said there was some sort of conflict. So I learned to
    > live without the DVD Rom.

    Um. Yeah.

    > Then, I took the computer in to get it repaired again when my motherboard
    > shorted out. They replaced the board, and while they were doing that I
    > explained to them my problems with programs constantly crashing, and my OS
    > issues. They said that it could be either a memory problem, or a cpu
    > problem. They ran tests on the memory and cpu....everything checked out. I
    > tried using a different video card.....still problems.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a complete loss!!!

    It seems *very* unlikely to be a hardware fault - as the engineers
    have tested. From everything you've said it seems more like the
    software - the one thing that hasn't really been checked over yet. As
    everything is currently "broken", try installing some different
    software. A good alternative is Linux (yes, its free, don't worry!).
    I'd advise getting the latest version of Mandrake Linux and installing
    that. If your machine still blue screens, then you can blame the
    hardware. If it doesn't then perhaps you can get a refund and carry on
    using Mandrake! You can send all the other software back for a refund
    as well as Mandrake comes with its own Office suite and web authoring
    software.

    > Thanks!
    > Arjay

+ Reply to Thread