Strange boot on Win2000 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Strange boot on Win2000 - Microsoft Windows ; Hi everyone, Someone can help me. My pc on Win2000 reboot randomly. the event messages are Event ID 30 Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection Did not receive auto-negotiation advertisement from link partner, possible full duplex connection available. Event ID : ...

  1. Strange boot on Win2000

    Hi everyone,

    Someone can help me.
    My pc on Win2000 reboot randomly.
    the event messages are

    Event ID 30
    Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection Did not receive
    auto-negotiation advertisement from link partner, possible full duplex
    connection available.

    Event ID : 1001
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
    0x000000de (0x00000002, 0xe28124f4, 0xe20124f4, 0x0c6728c2). Microsoft
    Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
    C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini082603-02.dmp.

    Please telle what's happening or
    if some more explaination is necessary.

    Thanks in advance.

    B.

  2. Re: Strange boot on Win2000

    On 26 Aug 2003 05:02:10 -0700, Benoit wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Someone can help me.
    > My pc on Win2000 reboot randomly.
    > the event messages are
    >
    > Event ID 30
    > Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection Did not receive
    > auto-negotiation advertisement from link partner, possible full duplex
    > connection available.
    >
    > Event ID : 1001
    > The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
    > 0x000000de (0x00000002, 0xe28124f4, 0xe20124f4, 0x0c6728c2). Microsoft
    > Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
    > C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini082603-02.dmp.
    >
    > Please telle what's happening or
    > if some more explaination is necessary.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > B.

    Benoit;

    Sorry, this is beyond my knowledge. Please consider bundling this up and
    contacting MS support via email. If you are persistent and civil with them,
    they should be able to track this down.

    Fwiw, it looks like a memory allocation violation...but that's not much
    more than a guess.

    *Please* let us know how this is resolved.

    -Ungoy

  3. Re: Strange boot on Win2000

    Actually I went home and was working on my dad's comp for him, which is
    Win2k server, and he had the same problem. Turn's out it was a problem
    with a driver for his digital camera. Patched it and it worked fine. So
    you can try to systematically disabling drivers for peripheral devices until
    it stops, and then patch the driver. You could also reinstall
    Win2k( Or even better move to a different OS ) and then be careful with
    your drivers. Hope that helps some.

+ Reply to Thread