Installing network card on win98se - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Installing network card on win98se - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, i'm helping a friend installing a network card on his win98se machine. I've tried a RTL card and a 3com card with same results. Once the driver is supplied and the installation starts, problems start. It seems windows can't ...

  1. Installing network card on win98se

    Hi, i'm helping a friend installing a network card on his win98se
    machine. I've tried a RTL card and a 3com card with same results. Once
    the driver is supplied and the installation starts, problems start. It
    seems windows can't find any dll's needed for the installation of the
    card?! I can't find them anywhere(PC, win98se CD-ROM). I thaught maybe
    i skip the files, write down their names and retrive them fom
    www.dll-files.com or something. But there where so many that something
    else has to be wrong?

    The files(about 30% of them):

    dhcpscvc.dll
    icmp.dll
    iphfgdll.dll
    iphlpapi.dll
    msafd.dll
    mswsock.dll
    mswsosp.dll
    protman.dos
    Qosname.dll
    Raplib.dll
    rnr20.dll
    Routetab.dll
    rpcltc3.dll
    secur32.dll etc etc etc..

    please help so that I can get some sleep....

    P.s everything else on the machine seems to be working fine...

    Magne,

  2. Re: Installing network card on win98se

    "Magne" wrote in message
    news:49a8ccc2.0308120049.407f4568@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi, i'm helping a friend installing a network card on his win98se
    > machine. I've tried a RTL card and a 3com card with same results. Once
    > the driver is supplied and the installation starts, problems start. It
    > seems windows can't find any dll's needed for the installation of the
    > card?!

    Does it ask you to insert the Win98 disc? If your CD is D:, point it to
    D:\win98.

+ Reply to Thread