any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations? - Microsoft Windows ; I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell you reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know so I can ...

  1. any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations?

    I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell
    you
    reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register
    setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know
    so I can back up
    the right files etc in order not having to do a full install
    everytime. TIA

  2. Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations?

    Kenjis Kaan wrote:
    : I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell
    : you
    : reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register
    : setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know
    : so I can back up
    : the right files etc in order not having to do a full install
    : everytime. TIA

    try windiff. it makes a snapshot and compares this snapshot after a installation
    and gives the differences in files and registry.

    krgds
    AH.

    Murphy was an optimist.

  3. Re: any utilities: finding out what files copied during installations?

    anno_RemoveThisText_@opossum.rat.at wrote in message news:...
    > Kenjis Kaan wrote:
    > : I really wonder if there are any utilities out there that will tell
    > : you
    > : reliably what files are copied to your hard drive and what register
    > : setting has been added/modified etc? I sometimes just wanted to know
    > : so I can back up
    > : the right files etc in order not having to do a full install
    > : everytime. TIA
    >

    > try windiff. it makes a snapshot and compares this snapshot after a installation
    > and gives the differences in files and registry.
    >
    > krgds
    > AH.

    > Murphy was an optimist.

    Where can I find this windiff? A search on google reveals too many
    hits, not sure if its the same thing you are referring to. I also
    have a Windiff that comes with my Visual C++ 6 installation, but when
    I run I don't see any option about making a snapshot. TIA

+ Reply to Thread