DOS window size in Windows 2000 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on DOS window size in Windows 2000 - Microsoft Windows ; The software we run at our business was developed long ago and is still DOS based. I just recently got the configurations right to make it run on XP and 2000, however in order to make it display on a ...

  1. DOS window size in Windows 2000

    The software we run at our business was developed long ago
    and is still DOS based. I just recently got the
    configurations right to make it run on XP and 2000,
    however in order to make it display on a full screen I
    have to load it in a normal command window and
    use "alt+enter" to make it display in the full screen. If
    i just load it in a full screen it displays on only half
    of the screen. In the properties of my shortcut I would
    like to change the initial size under the screen tab to 25
    like you can in 98 but it is grayed out. does anyone know
    a way to make the default 25 instead of 50 which i believe
    is what windows 200 does? is there an ini file that i can
    configure somewhere? or does anyone know of a way to
    launch the program in a window and have a batch file that
    sends it alt+enter so it automatically expands? i just
    don't want my employees to deal with this as they launch
    this program many times a day and it would be annoying. I found this
    article in the knowledge base
    which is how i got it to work at all. i just don't want to have them
    hit alt+enter everytime they launch their shortcut to the program.
    thanks for any help.

    brian mosher

  2. Re: DOS window size in Windows 2000

    understand problem. run a dos-based CARS program that is similar to
    the city of jerusalem--it has been built upon so many times no one
    really knows what the first or second really ever looked like. not
    even sure if original programmer knows the number of patches created.

    with the 98 stations in network, i get a true "full screen" and the
    "initial size" drop box is not greyed out. with the w2k stations in
    the network, i can change the screen size but still do not get the
    full screen. where, the size was 50 and i edited it to 25, the screen
    gained in length but width did not change. so i get a long, narrow
    DOS screen and this is only an upgrade from a long, narrow half
    screen.

    this has really irked me for quite some time because i want to upgrade
    more network stations to w2k and haven't because i can't find a
    solution to this screen problem.

    maybe i'm doing something wrong. if you do find a solution please
    post. i'll do the same.

    hl

+ Reply to Thread