Hi,
there might be a couple of problems which might cause this problem ...
try to take a back up of your data and reinstall win xp ..pref. after
formating your disk.. if this does not solve it there might be a fault
in the RAM you might be using .. try ..to get some ram checking
software like RAM boost ..(most of them are free ware) and do a
thorough RAM check ...
Hope this helps...
If you are not sure how to take a backup of your data and reinstall
win xp .. pls get a qualified person to do it.