Software installation - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Software installation - Microsoft Windows ; I recently bought Microsoft Street & Trips. When i attempted to install i am told about a prior attempt to install Norton anti virus software. I then attempted to reinstall the Norton software but it looks like installion starts but ...

  1. Software installation

    I recently bought Microsoft Street & Trips. When i attempted to install i am
    told about a prior attempt to install Norton anti virus software. I then
    attempted to reinstall the Norton software but it looks like installion
    starts but just ends after 10 - 20
    seconds. Any ideas .. Running 2000

    Thanks
    PaulWalsh@comcast.net

  2. Re: Software installation

    >From: "Paul Walsh" paulwalsh@comcast.net
    >Date: 7/13/03 6:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >I recently bought Microsoft Street & Trips. When i attempted to install i am
    >told about a prior attempt to install Norton anti virus software. I then
    >attempted to reinstall the Norton software but it looks like installion
    >starts but just ends after 10 - 20
    >seconds. Any ideas .. Running 2000
    >
    >Thanks
    >PaulWalsh@comcast.net

    Generally, you should "shut off" any virus checking software before you
    attempt installs of other software. Try shutting down Norton ( if you have it
    loaded ) prior to installing your new stuff.

    If you don't have Norton loaded, check to be sure it is not on your system
    anywhere. If worse comes to worse.... load Norton, then uninstall it.
    Often, I've found this technique will help to clean up remnants of a prior
    installation.

    In any case... you'll want to attempt to load MS S&T when Norton doesn't have
    it's hooks into your system.

    Dan :-)

+ Reply to Thread