Re: 100% cpu usage. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: 100% cpu usage. - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, Try "msconfig" and see what processes during booting and after systems logs you in.You can find it on the "startup" tab of the window after you execute from "run" of your "start" menu.Uncheck the processes which you dont want ...

  1. Re: 100% cpu usage.

    Hi,
    Try "msconfig" and see what processes during booting and after systems
    logs you in.You can find it on the "startup" tab of the window after
    you execute from "run" of your "start" menu.Uncheck the processes
    which you dont want to start when your windows starts.
    Also check the services which are running on your system.You can
    disable any service which you dont need.
    You can find the "services" by right clicking on "My Computer" and
    then go to "manage" and go to services from the window that pops up.
    Hope that helps
    --ws
    verdant-wss wrote in message news:...
    > Hi. First, let me apologize for posting to so many groups, but I don't
    > really have a lot of experience with using newsgroups. So please don't
    > be upset with my 1000 posts to different groups. ok, on to the problem.
    >
    > I have winxp pro on a system with AthlonXP 2000+, 512 sdram, WD 60gig
    > hdd, geforce2 64meg agp, with a dual boot linux.
    >
    > my computer ran fine for months after my assembling. however, out of the
    > blue, the computer starts up and takes about 10 min to get to the login
    > screen, and about another 10 min to get fully logged in. CPU usage is at
    > 100% spread among several programs, and remains at 100%. also, the
    > computer properties page reports the processor at half the actual speed.
    > I tried uninstalling the CPU drivers, restarting, and it runs fine.
    > Until i restart again though, then everything goes back to how it used
    > to be. does anyone have a solution to this, or even have heard of a
    > similar problem? Thank you in advance for your help.
    >
    > -toby

  2. Re: 100% cpu usage.

    You mention that CPU usage is "at 100% spread among several programs",
    what are those programs? Just a stab in the dark but ... if you have
    Norton Corporate Edition (NAV Corporate), this seems to happen a lot.
    Stop and then restart the defwatch service.

    wise_2030@yahoo.com (ws2030) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > Try "msconfig" and see what processes during booting and after systems
    > logs you in.You can find it on the "startup" tab of the window after
    > you execute from "run" of your "start" menu.Uncheck the processes
    > which you dont want to start when your windows starts.
    > Also check the services which are running on your system.You can
    > disable any service which you dont need.
    > You can find the "services" by right clicking on "My Computer" and
    > then go to "manage" and go to services from the window that pops up.
    > Hope that helps
    > --ws
    > verdant-wss wrote in message news:...
    > > Hi. First, let me apologize for posting to so many groups, but I don't
    > > really have a lot of experience with using newsgroups. So please don't
    > > be upset with my 1000 posts to different groups. ok, on to the problem.
    > >
    > > I have winxp pro on a system with AthlonXP 2000+, 512 sdram, WD 60gig
    > > hdd, geforce2 64meg agp, with a dual boot linux.
    > >
    > > my computer ran fine for months after my assembling. however, out of the
    > > blue, the computer starts up and takes about 10 min to get to the login
    > > screen, and about another 10 min to get fully logged in. CPU usage is at
    > > 100% spread among several programs, and remains at 100%. also, the
    > > computer properties page reports the processor at half the actual speed.
    > > I tried uninstalling the CPU drivers, restarting, and it runs fine.
    > > Until i restart again though, then everything goes back to how it used
    > > to be. does anyone have a solution to this, or even have heard of a
    > > similar problem? Thank you in advance for your help.
    > >
    > > -toby

+ Reply to Thread