GW-Basic - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on GW-Basic - Microsoft Windows ; I have always been able to run GW-Basic under Windows 95 and Windows 98. Now I've installed Windows 98 SE and it seems to have broken this old program. Trying to run it from a DOS-window prompt, I just get ...

  1. GW-Basic

    I have always been able to run GW-Basic under Windows 95 and Windows
    98. Now I've installed Windows 98 SE and it seems to have broken this
    old program. Trying to run it from a DOS-window prompt, I just get an
    error message "You can not SHELL to BASIC."

    Does anyone know whether anything can be done to make it run, or
    whether there is another fairly compatible Basic interpreter that will
    run under Win98SE?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: GW-Basic

    You may want to try QBASIC. Its should be somewhere in the windows
    folders (most probably windows\command). else look in the CAB files on
    the windows CD-ROM

  3. Re: GW-Basic

    No, Qbasic situated in original Windows distributive in old-dos directories
    in your CD-Rom...
    If you want, I can send to you all QBasic files by e-mail.
    Mail me, if you need my help
    ----
    e-mail: atom@stormteam.ru
    ICQ #151032957
    WMID: 749163691968

    news:703066ae.0307051021.4b73e440@posting.google.c om...
    | You may want to try QBASIC. Its should be somewhere in the windows
    | folders (most probably windows\command). else look in the CAB files on
    | the windows CD-ROM

+ Reply to Thread