Hello:

someone posted a similar message before and receives not much
response.
I am here repost it again.

I suspect it is a windows bug, as it works fine in IE6/XP. not in
lower versions.

I'm using I use a Getopenfilename() with the
OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT flag to select multiple files to open.

The problem is when users select multi files with CTRL or SHIFT key,
the order that they go into the edit box (and then into the buffer) is
not constant.

For small numbers of files (2-3) it usually just reverses the order.
For example:
CTRL-Clicking on the files in this order: 1.txt -> 2.txt -> 3.txt
gives the results in the edit box: "3.txt" "2.txt" "1.txt"

Now if this were how it always did it I could just reverse the order,
however, with more files it starts to become unpredictable. For
example:

CTRL-Click on the files in this order: 1.txt -> 2.txt -> 3.txt ->
4.txt
gives the results in the edit box: "4.txt" "2.txt" "3.txt"
"1.txt"

What I need is a constant behavior. For example:

CTRL-Click on the files in this order: 1.txt -> 2.txt -> 3.txt ->
4.txt
gives the results in the edit box: "1.txt" "2.txt" "3.txt"
"4.txt"
SHIFT-Click on the files in this order: 1.txt -> 4.txt
gives the results in the edit box: "1.txt" "2.txt" "3.txt"
"4.txt"

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem. I am
using VC6.0 SP5 on Win2k. I have played with quite a few of the
other flags including OFN_EXPLORER and others to no effect. Please
feel
free to post your replies to the newsgroup.

Thank you,
Steven