Unattended Installs - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Unattended Installs - Microsoft Windows ; I am working with automated installs and am trying to set the answer file so that during installation it does not use the entire harddrive as one large C: drive. We are trying to create a 4 or 5 Gb ...

  1. Unattended Installs

    I am working with automated installs and am trying to set the answer
    file so that during installation it does not use the entire harddrive
    as one large C: drive. We are trying to create a 4 or 5 Gb NTFS
    partition and install Windows 2000 in there, then save whatever is
    left for an extended partition. We have been trying *NUMEROUS*
    different things, basically anything in the Unattended.doc reference
    file on the CD that mentions partitions we have played with, but have
    yet been able to make it work.

    Thanks in advance,
    Michael

  2. Re: Unattended Installs

    Michael wrote:
    > I am working with automated installs and am trying to set the answer
    > file so that during installation it does not use the entire harddrive
    > as one large C: drive. We are trying to create a 4 or 5 Gb NTFS
    > partition and install Windows 2000 in there, then save whatever is
    > left for an extended partition. We have been trying *NUMEROUS*
    > different things, basically anything in the Unattended.doc reference
    > file on the CD that mentions partitions we have played with, but have
    > yet been able to make it work.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Michael

    You can try using fdisk to first make all the partitions and see if the
    Win2K installer will install into just the first partition.

    --
    Chris
    President/whatever I feel like being called

  3. Re: Unattended Installs

    We have actually tried that, the script in the answer file undoes all
    of the current partitions automatically. We would go in, create a
    smaller partition, then start the new installation and it still comes
    out as one huge single partition. It automatically deletes the
    partitions on the harddrive then creates one, and installs.

    CTE wrote in message news:<3F07128F.8050201@nospam.none>...
    > Michael wrote:
    > > I am working with automated installs and am trying to set the answer
    > > file so that during installation it does not use the entire harddrive
    > > as one large C: drive. We are trying to create a 4 or 5 Gb NTFS
    > > partition and install Windows 2000 in there, then save whatever is
    > > left for an extended partition. We have been trying *NUMEROUS*
    > > different things, basically anything in the Unattended.doc reference
    > > file on the CD that mentions partitions we have played with, but have
    > > yet been able to make it work.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Michael

    > You can try using fdisk to first make all the partitions and see if the
    > Win2K installer will install into just the first partition.

+ Reply to Thread