how to hide files in dos ( not seen in windows) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on how to hide files in dos ( not seen in windows) - Microsoft Windows ; Sir, I need to hide files in dos(in the dos prompt of win 98) after hiding files in dos prompt i should not see those files in windows explorer. I tried attrib +r +h +s filename and I am not ...

  1. how to hide files in dos ( not seen in windows)

    Sir,
    I need to hide files in dos(in the dos prompt of win 98)
    after hiding files in dos prompt i should not see those files in
    windows explorer.
    I tried
    attrib +r +h +s filename
    and
    I am not seeing files in win explorer.
    but when i change "show all files" in folder options it is showing
    files.

    But there was a combination of alt key which makes the filename
    something odd and can't view the filename in the explorer
    (not alt+255) some other combination of ALT key.

    don't mistake me.
    If anybody knows the combination of the ALT key please help me.
    Thks. in adv.
    I am having eagerness to know the combination .
    regards,
    karthik.

  2. Re: how to hide files in dos ( not seen in windows)

    In article ,
    "karthikeyan" wrote:

    > But there was a combination of alt key which makes the filename
    > something odd and can't view the filename in the explorer (not
    > alt+255) some other combination of ALT key.

    it is weird to post this to linux. maybe the assumption is that the
    commandline is always DOS?

    I suspect what the OP is looking for the is 'alt keypad trick'. you turn
    on numlock, press ALT and type in codes for extended ascii characters.
    probably those chars don't show up in the 'show all folders' option.

    I trimmed one linux group off.

    Felmon

+ Reply to Thread