configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server - Microsoft Windows ; how can i configure my ISA server to be a public web proxy server (one that can be used by anyone on the internet)?...

  1. configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

    how can i configure my ISA server to be a public web proxy server (one
    that can be used by anyone on the internet)?

  2. Re: configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

    > You can set your internal and external ipadresses.
    > Make all ipaddresses internal

    Do you mean that I should add all possible addresses to the LAT?
    So let's say there is one particular computer on the internet from
    which I want to surf the internet through the ISA proxy server. The
    steps are
    1. Add the computer's IP address to the LAT.
    2. Configure the computer's IE proxy setting to the ISA server's
    address.
    Is this what you are saying? If so, I think I am missing something
    because I tried doing this and it did not work. Any other ideas?

  3. Re: configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

    Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.

    Andrei Ungureanu
    ROMPETROL

    "|-|E/-D//OU||D" wrote in message
    news:7b6bb63.0306242126.2bfcd03@posting.google.com ...
    > > You can set your internal and external ipadresses.
    > > Make all ipaddresses internal

    > Do you mean that I should add all possible addresses to the LAT?
    > So let's say there is one particular computer on the internet from
    > which I want to surf the internet through the ISA proxy server. The
    > steps are
    > 1. Add the computer's IP address to the LAT.
    > 2. Configure the computer's IE proxy setting to the ISA server's
    > address.
    > Is this what you are saying? If so, I think I am missing something
    > because I tried doing this and it did not work. Any other ideas?

  4. Re: configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

    > Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.
    >
    > Andrei Ungureanu
    > ROMPETROL

    Thanks.
    So these are the steps?
    1. Add ip address of proxy client to LAT
    2. Add IP address of external NIC of ISA server to LAT
    3. Configure IE on proxy client to use ISA server as proxy
    And that's it?
    Tried this, still not working.

    Here's another question. The proxy server's clients are all out on the
    internet, so there is no "real" internal side of the server. Since the
    "internal" and "external" sides of my ISA server are both on the
    internet, can I get away with using only one network connection? Or
    must I have one connection to the internet for the proxy client
    requests ("internal") and another connection via which the server will
    retrieve the web pages ("external")?

  5. Re: configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

    Install ISA in "Cache Mode". You will need only one NIC.

    Andrei Ungureanu
    ROMPETROL

    "|-|E/-D//OU||D" wrote in message
    news:7b6bb63.0306250717.2c8b496c@posting.google.co m...
    > > Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.
    > >
    > > Andrei Ungureanu
    > > ROMPETROL

    > Thanks.
    > So these are the steps?
    > 1. Add ip address of proxy client to LAT
    > 2. Add IP address of external NIC of ISA server to LAT
    > 3. Configure IE on proxy client to use ISA server as proxy
    > And that's it?
    > Tried this, still not working.
    >
    > Here's another question. The proxy server's clients are all out on the
    > internet, so there is no "real" internal side of the server. Since the
    > "internal" and "external" sides of my ISA server are both on the
    > internet, can I get away with using only one network connection? Or
    > must I have one connection to the internet for the proxy client
    > requests ("internal") and another connection via which the server will
    > retrieve the web pages ("external")?

+ Reply to Thread