ftp problem in Windows ME - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on ftp problem in Windows ME - Microsoft Windows ; Hi I am trying to log in from a PC running Windows ME into a Linux box. When I execute "ftp , ftp prints: > ftp socket :10047 > ftp What does this mean? Both machines can see each other ...

  1. ftp problem in Windows ME

    Hi

    I am trying to log in from a PC running Windows ME into a Linux box.
    When I execute "ftp , ftp prints:
    > ftp socket :10047
    > ftp

    What does this mean? Both machines can see each other using ping.

    Thanks,
    Mike.

  2. Re: ftp problem in Windows ME

    On Aug 19, 5:28 am, m...@mindless.com wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to log in from a PC running Windows ME into a Linux box.
    > When I execute "ftp , ftp prints:
    >
    > > ftp socket :10047
    > > ftp

    If you get a Socket 10047, you probably have a damaged winsock.

    get: http://members.shaw.ca/techcd/WinsockXPFix.exe

    Or you might want to try setting up Samba (SMB Server) on the linux
    box, then you should see the linux box as a windows machine.

+ Reply to Thread