Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting - Microsoft Windows ; I am in desperat need to fix this issue. I have a deadline this weekend and I cannot access my computer files so I can work on a project. This is what happend. 1. I tried to install a anti-virus ...

  1. Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting

    I am in desperat need to fix this issue. I have a deadline this
    weekend and I cannot access my computer files so I can work on a
    project.

    This is what happend.

    1. I tried to install a anti-virus program AVG anti-virus. It didn't
    install it asked me to restart the computer.
    2. I restarted the computer and logged in as administrator as usal,
    but then there was nothing there. No icons, no bars, nothing. The
    mouse was working but not the right click. When I tried Alt+Clt+Del to
    open taskmanager it gave a message "Taskmanager inactive by
    administrator"
    3. I tried a repair with the CD, it only get me to DOS I see the files
    are intact.
    4. Then I reinstalled Windows (by pressing R in the Install Windows).
    It did the installation.

    Now here is the problem.

    The computer starts, the logo shows for 2 secounds then I get a
    message telling there was something wrong due to hadware or software
    installation bla bla.

    I tried the Safe mode start but it dose the same thing all over again.
    Logo shows for 2 sec then back to the same screen. I tried every
    possibilty without any resualt.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting

    On Aug 7, 5:40 pm, VivaKurdistan wrote:
    > I am in desperat need to fix this issue. I have a deadline this
    > weekend and I cannot access my computer files so I can work on a
    > project.
    >
    > This is what happend.
    >
    > 1. I tried to install a anti-virus program AVG anti-virus. It didn't
    > install it asked me to restart the computer.
    > 2. I restarted the computer and logged in as administrator as usal,
    > but then there was nothing there. No icons, no bars, nothing. The
    > mouse was working but not the right click. When I tried Alt+Clt+Del to
    > open taskmanager it gave a message "Taskmanager inactive by
    > administrator"
    > 3. I tried a repair with the CD, it only get me to DOS I see the files
    > are intact.
    > 4. Then I reinstalled Windows (by pressing R in the Install Windows).
    > It did the installation.
    >
    > Now here is the problem.
    >
    > The computer starts, the logo shows for 2 secounds then I get a
    > message telling there was something wrong due to hadware or software
    > installation bla bla.
    >
    > I tried the Safe mode start but it dose the same thing all over again.
    > Logo shows for 2 sec then back to the same screen. I tried every
    > possibilty without any resualt.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I recommend formatting the hard drive and losing all your work.

  3. Re: Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting

    jherney@gmail.com wrote:
    > I recommend formatting the hard drive and losing all your work.

    As you're probably beginning to guess now, Viva, this is not actually a
    newsgroup for getting useful or helpful advice about fixing your Windows
    problems. Unfortunately I still don't know where such questions *should*
    be asked instead, as none of the ... denizens of this place has deigned
    to tell me.

    --
    There's only four things you can be certain of: taxes, change, spam, and
    death.

  4. Re: Need urgent help, Windows XP Pro keeps rebooting

    VivaKurdistan wrote:
    > I am in desperat need to fix this issue. I have a deadline this
    > weekend and I cannot access my computer files so I can work on a
    > project.
    >
    > This is what happend.
    >
    > 1. I tried to install a anti-virus program AVG anti-virus. It didn't
    > install it asked me to restart the computer.
    > 2. I restarted the computer and logged in as administrator as usal,
    > but then there was nothing there. No icons, no bars, nothing. The
    > mouse was working but not the right click. When I tried Alt+Clt+Del to
    > open taskmanager it gave a message "Taskmanager inactive by
    > administrator"
    > 3. I tried a repair with the CD, it only get me to DOS I see the files
    > are intact.
    > 4. Then I reinstalled Windows (by pressing R in the Install Windows).
    > It did the installation.
    >
    > Now here is the problem.
    >
    > The computer starts, the logo shows for 2 secounds then I get a
    > message telling there was something wrong due to hadware or software
    > installation bla bla.
    >
    > I tried the Safe mode start but it dose the same thing all over again.
    > Logo shows for 2 sec then back to the same screen. I tried every
    > possibilty without any resualt.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Hmm, first thing, unplug anything that can be unplugged that isn't
    necessary, even unplug cards in the box itself that aren't vital to
    boot, ethernet, sound etc. Then try again.

    If no luck all I can suggest is that you hook up the hard disk to
    another PC (it's no big deal to undo it and plug it in elsewhere), copy
    all yout stuff off, or even copy the entire disk (better perhaps, you
    never know what you'll forget) then do a complete format and reinstall.
    The pain with this method is that you have to reinstall all your usual
    programmes (and possible material) then copy all your stuff bakc, but at
    leass it works and you'll end up with a clean machine.

+ Reply to Thread