I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this enquiry. If not,
pleae accept my apology and steer me in the right direction.

I have an ASF file which plays to the end in Winamp but I am unable to
search by time within the file. There is no indicator on the slide bar
so I can't even try to find a paticular place in the file by trial &
error.

When I was saving this file in WM Recorder there was an interruption
in the transmission which I think has corrupted the file and not
written an end of file marker.

Is the any way I can salvage this file for searching?

I tried to open the file to convert it in Winamp but I got an eror
mesage.

Any help would be appreciated

Stu