Return values from DOS commands... - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Return values from DOS commands... - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, I am interested in knowing how to collect the return values or any type of error checking from a command I run from the DOS prompt in windows XP. I know, I know -- it isn't truly DOS, but ...

  1. Return values from DOS commands...

    Hello,

    I am interested in knowing how to collect the return values or any
    type of error checking from a command I run from the DOS prompt in
    windows XP. I know, I know -- it isn't truly DOS, but Command.com, or
    cmd.exe, or whatever it is is called that comes with XP. At a
    minimum, I want to know when a program that I run does exit(0), or
    exit(-999), or whatever.

    Thanks,

    -Kevin

  2. Re: Return values from DOS commands...

    if %errorlevel% == 0

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:22:49 -0700, Kevin wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am interested in knowing how to collect the return values or any
    >type of error checking from a command I run from the DOS prompt in
    >windows XP. I know, I know -- it isn't truly DOS, but Command.com, or
    >cmd.exe, or whatever it is is called that comes with XP. At a
    >minimum, I want to know when a program that I run does exit(0), or
    >exit(-999), or whatever.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >-Kevin

+ Reply to Thread