Win XP Pro: 0x10002000c at 0x000a1000 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Win XP Pro: 0x10002000c at 0x000a1000 - Microsoft Windows ; When I boot up my computer I receive this error message even before I log any of my user accounts in: "svchost.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x1000200x references memory at 0x000a1000. The memory could not be read. Click ...

  1. Win XP Pro: 0x10002000c at 0x000a1000

    When I boot up my computer I receive this error message even before I
    log any of my user accounts in:

    "svchost.exe - Application Error

    The instruction at 0x1000200x references memory at 0x000a1000. The
    memory could not be read.

    Click OK to terminate program
    Click CANCEL to debug program"

    If I do not click anything and just log into my account I can use my
    computer except for the Internet and soem other programs.

    If I click OK or CANCEL I get the "System Shutdown in 60 seconds
    countdown. Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process
    Launcher service terminated unexpectdly"

    I did notice though if I do not have a network cord plugged in I do
    not get that error message.

    I have already tried the following:
    - Updating all drivers
    - Lavasoft Ad-aware
    - Spybot Search & Destroy
    - Spyware blaster
    - Norton Anti-virus
    - Removal tools

    PLEASE HELP!!!!

  2. Re: Win XP Pro: 0x10002000c at 0x000a1000

    peanut202122@hotmail.com wrote:
    > If I do not click anything and just log into my account I can use my
    > computer except for the Internet and soem other programs.

    Ah. I see RFC1149 once again coming in handy in a pinch, as one fellow
    with no functioning internet connection nonetheless manages to post a
    plea for help to usenet. (Even if it did arrive partially duplicated.)
    Unfortunately, to receive any replies, he would have had to provide us
    with his latitude and longitude so we could route RFC1149 packets to him
    bearing our advice.

    On the off chance he can read news via RFC1149 as well as send, I will
    suggest he try System Restore. Failing that, he'll need to use real tech
    support. It might be the hardware NIC is going bad or something...

    --
    There's only four things you can be certain of: taxes, change, spam, and
    death.

+ Reply to Thread