How do i uninstall Yahoo Messenger only at startup - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How do i uninstall Yahoo Messenger only at startup - Microsoft Windows ; I want to remove Yahoo Messenge only at startup, not uninstall the program. I right clicked the Yahoo icon on the task bar and then clicked preferences to go to the general tab, as someone suggested but none of the ...

  1. How do i uninstall Yahoo Messenger only at startup

    I want to remove Yahoo Messenge only at startup, not uninstall the
    program. I right clicked the Yahoo icon on the task bar and then
    clicked preferences to go to the general tab, as someone suggested but
    none of the options on the left side are highlighted so i can't
    choose. What else can i do? Thanks.

  2. Re: How do i uninstall Yahoo Messenger only at startup

    shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I want to remove Yahoo Messenge only at startup, not uninstall the
    > program. I right clicked the Yahoo icon on the task bar and then
    > clicked preferences to go to the general tab, as someone suggested but
    > none of the options on the left side are highlighted so i can't
    > choose. What else can i do? Thanks

    Look at either the start button then Startup (in the list of
    programmes), if there's an icon there for YM, delete it. If not, go via
    the Start button again, then Run and type: Msconfig (followed by
    Enter/return). The right hand tab in the window that appears shows the
    programs launched at startup so delete Yahoo if it is there. Windows
    will suggest you reboot but you don't have to, however the next time you
    do reboot it will give you a message about something 'disactivated' (if
    that's English). Just click on the option 'don't tell me again' or
    similar (my XP is in French) and off you go.

  3. Re: How do i uninstall Yahoo Messenger only at startup

    On Jun 14, 12:26 pm, "John of Aix" wrote:
    > shareyourknowle...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > I want to remove Yahoo Messenge only at startup, not uninstall the
    > > program. I right clicked the Yahoo icon on the task bar and then
    > > clicked preferences to go to the general tab, as someone suggested but
    > > none of the options on the left side are highlighted so i can't
    > > choose. What else can i do? Thanks

    > Look at either the start button then Startup (in the list of
    > programmes), if there's an icon there for YM, delete it. If not, go via
    > the Start button again, then Run and type: Msconfig (followed by
    > Enter/return). The right hand tab in the window that appears shows the
    > programs launched at startup so delete Yahoo if it is there. Windows
    > will suggest you reboot but you don't have to, however the next time you
    > do reboot it will give you a message about something 'disactivated' (if
    > that's English). Just click on the option 'don't tell me again' or
    > similar (my XP is in French) and off you go.

    That worked. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread