How Permanently keep a System Restore Point - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How Permanently keep a System Restore Point - Microsoft Windows ; How to permanently keep a system restore point in windows VISTA? I read restore points are kept until a certain amount of diskspace is used, then it wil remove the oldest restore points. I want to keep such an old ...

  1. How Permanently keep a System Restore Point

    How to permanently keep a system restore point in windows VISTA?

    I read restore points are kept until a certain amount of diskspace is used, then it wil remove the oldest restore points. I want to keep such an old (very first) system restore point.

    TIA

  2. Re: How Permanently keep a System Restore Point

    All that pile of cross-posts and not one to a Vista group! Try adking
    in a Vista group instead of NT!

    John

    John wrote:

    > How to permanently keep a system restore point in windows VISTA?
    >
    > I read restore points are kept until a certain amount of diskspace is used, then it wil remove the oldest restore points. I want to keep such an old (very first) system restore point.
    >
    > TIA

  3. Re: How Permanently keep a System Restore Point

    John wrote in news:4651EB3F.EF58C86D@hotmail.com:

    > How to permanently keep a system restore point in windows VISTA?
    >
    > I read restore points are kept until a certain amount of diskspace is
    > used, then it wil remove the oldest restore points. I want to keep
    > such an old (very first) system restore point.
    >
    > TIA

    You may think that you want to keep a very old one, but if you think that
    will allow you to back up to that point, you are very likely wrong. Most
    SRP become useless after a fairly short time, as other changes are made to
    the system. Restoring that SRP could likely break many of the things that
    you have installed or changed after it was saved.
    If what you are aiming for is to be able to restore the system completely
    to a previous long-ago condition, a total disk image is likely your best
    bet.

+ Reply to Thread