undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs) - Microsoft Windows ; undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs) I have a problem with a strange behaviourof an seemingly undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs): i have an EMPTY(1) folder on my desktop. when i try to delete it, an error box comes ...

  1. undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs)

    undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs)
    I have a problem with a strange behaviourof an seemingly undeletable
    folder in windows xp (ntfs): i have an EMPTY(1) folder on my desktop.
    when i try to delete it, an error box comes up, saying something like
    Error: File CALO439H. can't be deleted; and the folder stays there. i
    then did a file system check, however, nothing came up. Then i created
    a file with the same name; tried to delete the folder; it got moved to
    the recycle bin, but i cannot empty the trash. So i moved it back to
    the desktop. Renaming it didn't help, also using del and rmdir on the
    command promt didn't help. Norton Antivirus , with manual check, did
    probably notice an extra file, but didn't complain. Any help? I'm a
    little confused whats exactly wrong, can't pinpoint it, so I put my
    trust in you, comp.os.ms-windows.misc (2).

    (1) at least explorer doesn't show any files, turned the options for
    hidden files on, as well as for system files, dir doesn't show
    anything, too.
    (2) sorry for posting from google & my crappy english.

  2. Re: undeletable folder in windows xp (ntfs)

    Boot in safe mode as administrator. If you can't delete the folder try to move it from the desktop to another directory.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread