SYSTEM RESTORE - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on SYSTEM RESTORE - Microsoft Windows ; Don't know if this is the correct forum. If not could someone direct me to the proper on, please. I have restore points but all three of then resulted in a failure to restore to that point. Get message that ...

  1. SYSTEM RESTORE

    Don't know if this is the correct forum. If not could someone direct me to
    the proper on, please.

    I have restore points but all three of then resulted in a failure to restore
    to that point. Get message that it was not successful and that my system was
    not changed. What can I do for the future?

    --
    Stan B.

  2. Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

    This would qualify for free Microsoft support -- you should contact them.

    On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:23:24 -0400, "Stan Baranowski"
    wrote:

    >Don't know if this is the correct forum. If not could someone direct me to
    >the proper on, please.
    >
    >I have restore points but all three of then resulted in a failure to restore
    >to that point. Get message that it was not successful and that my system was
    >not changed. What can I do for the future?

  3. Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

    Joseph Fenn wrote in
    news:Pine.BSI.4.64.0705130014480.15030@malasada.la va.net:

    > Joe from Honolulu says
    > screw ACRONIS! I registered ACRONIS PURE IMAGE at their
    > website, in fact I did it 3 times and all I got back from
    > them was a msg that I cant register via email. Those
    > assholes dont know what the hell they are doing. I did'nt
    > register it via email but I did so 3 times at their website
    > and entered the 5 groups of the key code where it says
    > REGISTER. I am out $44 bux in the process.
    > Aloha

    Post it a few more times to show the world how clueless you are.

    I've been using the free "previous" version that came with a
    computer magazine for about 4 years, it required registering
    which took 2 minutes, and I have NEVER had to "fix" either of my
    computers since.

    And from what I've read it beats Norton Ghost.

  4. Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

    `On Sun, 13 May 2007, thanatoid wrote:

    > Joseph Fenn wrote in
    > news:Pine.BSI.4.64.0705130014480.15030@malasada.la va.net:
    >
    >> Joe from Honolulu says
    >> screw ACRONIS! I registered ACRONIS PURE IMAGE at their
    >> website, in fact I did it 3 times and all I got back from
    >> them was a msg that I cant register via email. Those
    >> assholes dont know what the hell they are doing. I did'nt
    >> register it via email but I did so 3 times at their website
    >> and entered the 5 groups of the key code where it says
    >> REGISTER. I am out $44 bux in the process.
    >> Aloha

    > Post it a few more times to show the world how clueless you are.
    >
    > I've been using the free "previous" version that came with a
    > computer magazine for about 4 years, it required registering
    > which took 2 minutes, and I have NEVER had to "fix" either of my
    > computers since.
    >
    > And from what I've read it beats Norton Ghost.

    Well I dont give a dam what you think. I have both Ghost V9 and
    now ACRONIS which even tho registered properly the ****heads at
    ACRONIS dont know what they are doing. I gave it a try and it
    took hours to accomplish an image. Ghost v9 worked ok initially,
    but no longer. No amount of Defraggina nor returning to restore
    points seems to help either.
    Joe

  5. Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

    On 2007-05-13, Joseph Fenn wrote:

    > Screw Acronis. I just bought the Acronis Pure Image V9 a month ago,
    > and I went to their http site and registered it correctly
    > right where it says register then asks you to input the key
    > code that came with the disk. I did this 3 times already and they
    > keep sending me email that I cant register it via email.
    > Those assholes have'nt got a clue.

    How do you figure? They've got your money, don't they?

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  6. Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

    Joseph Fenn wrote in
    news:Pine.BSI.4.64.0705131143360.6816@malasada.lav a.net:

    > `On Sun, 13 May 2007, thanatoid wrote:
    >
    >> Joseph Fenn wrote in
    >> news:Pine.BSI.4.64.0705130014480.15030@malasada.la va.net:
    >>
    >>> Joe from Honolulu says
    >>> screw ACRONIS! I registered ACRONIS PURE IMAGE at their
    >>> website, in fact I did it 3 times and all I got back from
    >>> them was a msg that I cant register via email. Those
    >>> assholes dont know what the hell they are doing. I
    >>> did'nt register it via email but I did so 3 times at
    >>> their website and entered the 5 groups of the key code
    >>> where it says REGISTER. I am out $44 bux in the process.
    >>> Aloha

    >> Post it a few more times to show the world how clueless
    >> you are.
    >>
    >> I've been using the free "previous" version that came with
    >> a computer magazine for about 4 years, it required
    >> registering which took 2 minutes, and I have NEVER had to
    >> "fix" either of my computers since.
    >>
    >> And from what I've read it beats Norton Ghost.

    > Well I dont give a dam what you think. I have both Ghost
    > V9 and now ACRONIS which even tho registered properly the
    > ****heads at ACRONIS dont know what they are doing. I gave
    > it a try and it took hours to accomplish an image. Ghost
    > v9 worked ok initially, but no longer. No amount of
    > Defraggina nor returning to restore points seems to help
    > either.
    > Joe

    Glad to hear you managed to register a program. One step at a
    time, huh?

    My Acronis TI builds an image of a 1.5 GB C partition in less
    than 10 minutes. Google for "hard drive partitions" if you want
    to learn something.

    As far as your initial problem, your (presumably) sloppy
    computing manners will probably force you to do a format etc. as
    I said in my first post. If you do the above search, I suggest
    you use your new knowledge about partitions when you get to that
    point.

    Have fun.