winxp how to stop network connect dialog box popup - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on winxp how to stop network connect dialog box popup - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, On my windows xp machine, I have a cable modem. The network/internet comes up with no problem immediately after boot. However, I also have another connection that I made for my VPN to work. This connection should not be ...

  1. winxp how to stop network connect dialog box popup

    Hello,

    On my windows xp machine, I have a cable modem. The network/internet
    comes up with no problem immediately after boot. However, I also have
    another
    connection that I made for my VPN to work. This connection should not
    be used
    unless I explicitly click on it to "dial" my VPN.

    My problem is that during normal internet surfing, the "connect"
    dialog box
    for my VPN occasionally pops up, which steals focus and sometimes gets
    hidden
    behind other windows. I don't want windows to *ever* even try to use
    my VPN
    connection unless I explicity enable it. How can I achieve this?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

  2. Re: winxp how to stop network connect dialog box popup

    On Apr 19, 10:18 am, Mike wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On my windows xp machine, I have a cable modem. The network/internet
    > comes up with no problem immediately after boot. However, I also have
    > another
    > connection that I made for my VPN to work. This connection should not
    > be used
    > unless I explicitly click on it to "dial" my VPN.
    >
    > My problem is that during normal internet surfing, the "connect"
    > dialog box
    > for my VPN occasionally pops up, which steals focus and sometimes gets
    > hidden
    > behind other windows. I don't want windows to *ever* even try to use
    > my VPN
    > connection unless I explicity enable it. How can I achieve this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mike

    Hi Mike,

    Have you changed your Internet Options settings under the Connections
    Tab from within IE?
    Check to see that your VPN is setup under the "Dialup and VPN Settings
    Box
    Then make sure that below the Box, the Radio button is dotted on
    "Never dial a connection"
    Then Test.

    Also check your VPN connection in your Network connections window mak
    sure that the Connection Propeties are all correct as well.(do not
    dial, if option is their "Dial on Demand"

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread