changing back to one user and keeping the settings - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on changing back to one user and keeping the settings - Microsoft Windows ; i created my own user profile being seraphimkid on my win98 to keep annoying brother from screwing crap up. so when pressing esc it went into the guest login with no password. now i want to make rid of the ...

  1. changing back to one user and keeping the settings

    i created my own user profile being seraphimkid on my win98 to keep
    annoying brother from screwing crap up. so when pressing esc it went
    into the guest login with no password. now i want to make rid of the
    whole having to logon all the time and ive tried changing it but it
    all went all defaults to the guest settings. all my documents are not
    there and everything in the start menu are missing and i don't know
    how to go about having everything there. please help.

  2. Re: changing back to one user and keeping the settings

    seraphimkid@gmail.com writes:

    > i created my own user profile being seraphimkid on my win98 to keep
    > annoying brother from screwing crap up. so when pressing esc it went
    > into the guest login with no password. now i want to make rid of the
    > whole having to logon all the time and ive tried changing it but it
    > all went all defaults to the guest settings. all my documents are not
    > there and everything in the start menu are missing and i don't know
    > how to go about having everything there. please help.

    If you want better control over profiles that are enforceable win98
    unfortunatley isn't the place to be. Win2k XP and the ilk are better
    about limiting the damage an annoying brother can do if your need is
    for windows.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/