Logon screen - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Logon screen - Microsoft Windows ; I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a ...

  1. Logon screen

    I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I
    have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an
    issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a
    dialog box at logon instead, i would like to completely getrid of
    that, basically i want to automate the startup process to not require
    any click on my part, right now i have to click on my acount icon to
    load my acount.

    Thanks ahead for your help.

  2. Re: Logon screen

    fermineutron wrote:
    > I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I
    > have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an
    > issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a
    > dialog box at logon instead, i would like to completely getrid of
    > that, basically i want to automate the startup process to not require
    > any click on my part, right now i have to click on my acount icon to
    > load my acount.

    Start in Failsafe mode (F8 when the PC begins to boot to get the list of
    boot choices) then in User Accounts in the Control Panel delete a
    probable third account (Asp.net perhaps), leave Administrator and your
    own account. eboot normally and it should be fine.

  3. Re: Logon screen

    Thank you. I will try that at the next boot.

    On Mar 26, 3:47 am, "John of Aix" wrote:
    > fermineutron wrote:
    > > I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I
    > > have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an
    > > issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a
    > > dialog box at logon instead, i would like to completely getrid of
    > > that, basically i want to automate the startup process to not require
    > > any click on my part, right now i have to click on my acount icon to
    > > load my acount.

    > Start in Failsafe mode (F8 when the PC begins to boot to get the list of
    > boot choices) then in User Accounts in the Control Panel delete a
    > probable third account (Asp.net perhaps), leave Administrator and your
    > own account. eboot normally and it should be fine.

  4. Re: Logon screen

    On Mar 25, 6:03 pm, "fermineutron" wrote:
    > I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I
    > have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an
    > issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a
    > dialog box at logon instead, i would like to completely getrid of
    > that, basically i want to automate the startup process to not require
    > any click on my part, right now i have to click on my acount icon to
    > load my acount.
    >
    > Thanks ahead for your help.

    Click the Start button, choose Run. In the Run dialog box, type
    "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes). In the window that
    appears, UNCHECK the option "Users must enter a username and password
    to use this computer." That should do the trick.

  5. Re: Logon screen

    driftfox@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 25, 6:03 pm, "fermineutron" wrote:
    >> I would like to complitly getrid off the windows XP logon screen. I
    >> have 1 Account on my laptopn with no password, so security is not an
    >> issue here. If i disable the welcome screen i am prompted with a
    >> dialog box at logon instead, i would like to completely getrid of
    >> that, basically i want to automate the startup process to not require
    >> any click on my part, right now i have to click on my acount icon to
    >> load my acount.
    >>
    >> Thanks ahead for your help.

    > Click the Start button, choose Run. In the Run dialog box, type
    > "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes). In the window that
    > appears, UNCHECK the option "Users must enter a username and password
    > to use this computer." That should do the trick.

    Or...open Control Panel then User Accounts, delete all the users except
    yourself. After that Windows willload without asking who is logging on.

+ Reply to Thread