Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password? - Microsoft Windows ; Somewhere along the line, I told IE to "Remember my password" when logging into Flickr. Now it's become a nuisance bc somehow I keep on getting automagically logged in whenever I navigate to my Flickr home page - i.e. I ...

  1. Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Somewhere along the line, I told IE to "Remember my password" when logging into
    Flickr.

    Now it's become a nuisance bc somehow I keep on getting automagically logged in
    whenever I navigate to my Flickr home page - i.e. I am unable to see exactly
    what somebody else would see on that page.

    Is there a utility or a registry entry or something somewhere that I can alter
    so that I only get logged in to Flickr when I explicitly do so myself?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    "(PeteCresswell)" writes:
    > Somewhere along the line, I told IE to "Remember my password" when logging into
    > Flickr.
    >
    > Now it's become a nuisance bc somehow I keep on getting automagically logged in
    > whenever I navigate to my Flickr home page - i.e. I am unable to see exactly
    > what somebody else would see on that page.
    >
    > Is there a utility or a registry entry or something somewhere that I can alter
    > so that I only get logged in to Flickr when I explicitly do so
    > myself?

    Hi Pete,

    Get rid of the cookies for flickr.com and that should take care of it.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    "(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message news:hvk303p1n7bkm6o7n8c221nkvf4hprn39c@4ax.com...
    > Somewhere along the line, I told IE to "Remember my password" when logging into
    > Flickr.
    >
    > Now it's become a nuisance bc somehow I keep on getting automagically logged in
    > whenever I navigate to my Flickr home page - i.e. I am unable to see exactly
    > what somebody else would see on that page.
    >
    > Is there a utility or a registry entry or something somewhere that I can alter
    > so that I only get logged in to Flickr when I explicitly do so myself?
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    In IE 7.0 go to the properties, tab General, button Delete...

  4. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Per Todd H.:
    >Get rid of the cookies for flickr.com and that should take care of it.

    There was only one, but deleting it hasn't changed the automatic logon - it
    still happens.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Per Fred Zwarts:
    >In IE 7.0 go to the properties, tab General, button Delete...

    Would that be File | Properties | General?

    If so, it's not editable in my install of IE7.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  6. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    "(PeteCresswell)" writes:

    > Per Todd H.:
    > >Get rid of the cookies for flickr.com and that should take care of it.

    > There was only one, but deleting it hasn't changed the automatic logon - it
    > still happens.

    flickr.com is part of yahoo so you may have to axe yahoo cookies or
    sign completely out of yahoo.

    It's not clear to me if the memory is happening by the site/server or
    via IE's password manager.

    At any rate, this is a function of your web browser. One way to
    improve your browsing experience and see how things look without a
    remmeber login would be to use another web browser. Opera or Firefox
    are excellent alternatives.

    mozilla.com
    opera.com

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  7. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Per Todd H.:
    > One way to
    >improve your browsing experience and see how things look without a
    >remmeber login would be to use another web browser. Opera or Firefox
    >are excellent alternatives.

    Just installed FireFox.

    Veddy interestink.

    In IE, I'm *still* logged on automagically - even after deleting all the Yahoo
    and Flickr cookies.... and I can do a search.

    But when I try a search from FireFox - same criteria - I get:
    Ack! Some or all of the searches are offline at the moment.

    Sorry about this... won't be long until it's all up and running again!
    PeteCresswell

  8. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    "(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message news:eje503pignlevpd7si1jbpvcfdkm0ui7v0@4ax.com...
    > Per Fred Zwarts:
    >>In IE 7.0 go to the properties, tab General, button Delete...

    > Would that be File | Properties | General?

    No it is Tools | Internet options | general

  9. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Hai

    You can try Tracks Eraser Pro software. It erases remembered passwords
    and all tracks of our internet usage and many more features.

    For how to use this software read march 12 th article in
    http://technodata.blogspot.com

    You can download this at
    http://acesoft.net/download.htm

    Also in IE 6 you can clear remembered passwords like below.
    >From tools menu open internet options. Then click content. Then click

    auto complete. Then delete tick mark at prompt me to save passwords.
    Also click clear passwords. That's all.

  10. Re: Telling Win XP To Forget A "Remembered" Password?

    Hai

    Once use Tracks Eraser Pro software. It erases remembered passwords
    and all tracks of our internet usage and many more features.

    You can download it at
    http://acesoft.net/download.htm

+ Reply to Thread