HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}" - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}" - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, The neighbors have XP, and the bootup halts with this blue screen error: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022(0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down." I found ...

  1. HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}"

    Hello,
    The neighbors have XP, and the bootup halts with this blue screen error:

    "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated
    unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022(0x00000000
    0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down."

    I found a Microsoft knowledge base article which points to analysing
    the user.dmp file for the source of the error.
    Here at home I downloaded the program WinDBG, (Windows debug)
    to check the user.dmp file.

    Here is the catch: I can get into their system in Safe Mode.
    WinDBG will not run in safe mode.

    Help please!
    Mike E

  2. Re: HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}"

    Is that the entire message? The name of the offending file is usually displayed. If the problem is a corrupted system file there is a good chance that you can fix it by reinstalling service pack 2.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  3. Re: HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}"

    Yes, this is the whole message at the top of the blue screen.
    Can I reinstall service pack 2 in safe mode?
    Mike E

    "Mike Walsh" wrote in message

    > Is that the entire message? The name of the offending file is usually

    displayed. If the problem is a corrupted system file there is a good chance
    that you can fix it by reinstalling service pack 2.

    > Mike E wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > > The neighbors have XP, and the bootup halts with this blue screen error:
    > >
    > > "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}
    > > The Windows Logon Process system process terminated
    > > unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022(0x00000000
    > > 0x00000000).
    > > The system has been shut down."
    > >
    > > I found a Microsoft knowledge base article which points to analysing
    > > the user.dmp file for the source of the error.
    > > Here at home I downloaded the program WinDBG, (Windows debug)
    > > to check the user.dmp file.
    > >
    > > Here is the catch: I can get into their system in Safe Mode.
    > > WinDBG will not run in safe mode.
    > >
    > > Help please!
    > > Mike E

    > --
    > Mike Walsh
    > West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  4. Re: HELP !! BSOD: "STOP:c000021a {Fatal System error}"

    Yes, you can install SP2 in safe mode. If you need to download SP2 you an get it from:

    Mike E wrote:

    > Yes, this is the whole message at the top of the blue screen.
    > Can I reinstall service pack 2 in safe mode?

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread