trouble w/ change in internet dial-up - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on trouble w/ change in internet dial-up - Microsoft Windows ; microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc trouble w/ change in internet "dial-up" On a Windows 2000 system, when trying to change the phone number & apparent user id ("name@isp" rather than "name") for an internet service provider via: settings/network+dialup connections/make new connections an "Internet Connection ...

  1. trouble w/ change in internet dial-up

    microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc
    trouble w/ change in internet "dial-up"

    On a Windows 2000 system, when trying to change the phone number & apparent
    user id ("name@isp" rather than "name") for an internet service provider
    via:
    settings/network+dialup connections/make new connections
    an "Internet Connection Wizard" appears, dials a microsoft referal service
    number, downloads some data, then apparently starts establishing an account
    with yahoo.

    The wizard is obviously to be avoided - anyone know how?

    Hul

  2. Re: trouble w/ change in internet dial-up

    Hul Tytus wrote:
    > microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc
    > trouble w/ change in internet "dial-up"
    >
    > On a Windows 2000 system, when trying to change the phone number &
    > apparent user id ("name@isp" rather than "name") for an internet
    > service provider via:
    > settings/network+dialup connections/make new connections
    > an "Internet Connection Wizard" appears, dials a microsoft referal
    > service number, downloads some data, then apparently starts
    > establishing an account with yahoo.
    >
    > The wizard is obviously to be avoided - anyone know how?

    Why not just copy the currentconnectionand then modify it to the new
    one?

  3. Re: trouble w/ change in internet dial-up

    That does seem best but.. the dialup window was set on "automatic" which
    didn't allow access at that point.

    Hul

    In comp.os.ms-windows.misc John of Aix wrote:
    > Hul Tytus wrote:
    > > microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc
    > > trouble w/ change in internet "dial-up"
    > >
    > > On a Windows 2000 system, when trying to change the phone number &
    > > apparent user id ("name@isp" rather than "name") for an internet
    > > service provider via:
    > > settings/network+dialup connections/make new connections
    > > an "Internet Connection Wizard" appears, dials a microsoft referal
    > > service number, downloads some data, then apparently starts
    > > establishing an account with yahoo.
    > >
    > > The wizard is obviously to be avoided - anyone know how?

    > Why not just copy the currentconnectionand then modify it to the new
    > one?

  4. Re: trouble w/ change in internet dial-up

    dr@kbrx.com wrote:
    > That does seem best but.. the dialup window was set on "automatic"
    > which didn't allow access at that point.

    You can get at it via Internet Options in the Control Panel then on the
    tab Connections if I remember rightly.

+ Reply to Thread