Win98 keeps the open folders after a reboot - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Win98 keeps the open folders after a reboot - Microsoft Windows ; I have Win98SE. I used to have a reboot set everything back to the default or blank desktop. For some odd reason, I now see all the folders that were opened before a reboot, and they are still opened after ...

  1. Win98 keeps the open folders after a reboot

    I have Win98SE. I used to have a reboot set everything back to the
    default or blank desktop. For some odd reason, I now see all the
    folders that were opened before a reboot, and they are still opened
    after a reboot. I know there is a setting for that, but after nearly
    2 hours of frustration, I still cant find out how to change this back.

    Can someone please help.

    Thanks

    Gerry

  2. Re: Win98 keeps the open folders after a reboot

    Gerry Atrick wrote:
    > I have Win98SE. I used to have a reboot set everything back to the
    > default or blank desktop. For some odd reason, I now see all the
    > folders that were opened before a reboot, and they are still opened
    > after a reboot. I know there is a setting for that, but after nearly
    > 2 hours of frustration, I still cant find out how to change this back.
    >
    > Can someone please help.

    Open any folder, choose Tools in the menu then Folder Options, on the
    second tab in the window that opens there is a box marked 'Restore
    previous folder windows at logon". Untick it and things should be back
    to normal after then next boot..

+ Reply to Thread