Potential boot sector virus? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Potential boot sector virus? - Microsoft Windows ; John Thompson wrote: > > On 2007-02-27, Mike Walsh wrote: > > > I am still not sure about all this because I recently decided that > > one of my PCs was not suitable to dual boot Win98 and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Potential boot sector virus?

    John Thompson wrote:

    > On 2007-02-27, Mike Walsh wrote:
    >
    > > I am still not sure about all this because I recently decided that
    > > one of my PCs was not suitable to dual boot Win98 and Linux. I tried
    > > to use fdisk /MBR to remove LILO, but it did not work and I had to use
    > > Sys.com. This was when LILO was supposed to be in the MBR.

    > No need for all that. Lilo keeps a backup of the original boot sector.
    > Running "lilo -u" will restore it for you.

    Thank you. My knowledge of Linux is rudimentary. I need to take some time to learn more about it.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  2. Re: Potential boot sector virus?

    OK, so I installed some brand spanking new RAM just to make sure it
    wasn't a memory problem...it isn't. The computer still fails to boot,
    giving me the same CDBOOT error from before when attempting to boot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2