How to play music from MP3 player? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How to play music from MP3 player? - Microsoft Windows ; I'm running MS Windows XP Media Center and I have an MP3 player plugged into a USB port. From My Computer I can see the MP3 player and MP3 files on the player. How can I play the music directly ...

  1. How to play music from MP3 player?

    I'm running MS Windows XP Media Center and I have an MP3 player
    plugged into a USB port. From My Computer I can see the MP3 player and
    MP3 files on the player. How can I play the music directly from the
    MP3 player? Windows Media Player tells me that I have to copy the file
    from the MP3 player to my hard drive which does work, but I want to
    play the music directly from the MP3 player...

    Under Linux all I have to do to play an MP3 file from the MP3 player
    is click on the file.

    Thanks,
    Sam

  2. Re: How to play music from MP3 player?

    Install WinAmp and see if you can create a playlist of files on your MP3 player.
    If you can't get it to work post an inquiry at alt.music.mp3

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  3. Re: How to play music from MP3 player?

    On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:24:38 UTC, sam.fedder@yahoo.com wrote:

    -> I'm running MS Windows XP Media Center and I have an MP3 player
    -> plugged into a USB port. From My Computer I can see the MP3 player and
    -> MP3 files on the player. How can I play the music directly from the
    -> MP3 player? Windows Media Player tells me that I have to copy the file
    -> from the MP3 player to my hard drive which does work, but I want to
    -> play the music directly from the MP3 player...
    ->
    -> Under Linux all I have to do to play an MP3 file from the MP3 player
    -> is click on the file.
    ->
    -> Thanks,
    -> Sam
    ->

    No idea on how to do that in windows' media player but there is a
    freeware MP3 player that should do the trick - z! - http://dink.org/z
    W32 and OS/2 binaries. Will read any attached drive, at least it does
    here under OS/2-eComStation. Its not fancy but its small and does the
    job.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  4. Re: How to play music from MP3 player?

    sam.fedder@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I'm running MS Windows XP Media Center and I have an MP3 player
    > plugged into a USB port. From My Computer I can see the MP3 player and
    > MP3 files on the player. How can I play the music directly from the
    > MP3 player? Windows Media Player tells me that I have to copy the file
    > from the MP3 player to my hard drive which does work, but I want to
    > play the music directly from the MP3 player...
    >
    > Under Linux all I have to do to play an MP3 file from the MP3 player
    > is click on the file.

    It's Wav for me but I have no problem running music files (or any other)
    directly from a USB key. Not quite the same as an MP3 player but not far
    off. What message does WMP give you exactly, I've never heard of this
    one?

  5. Re: How to play music from MP3 player?

    I do this all the time - I plug my MP3 player (an Olympus DVR with MP3 player)
    directly into a USB post - the player then appears as a drive (F - I just drag
    and drop the list of files I want to play onto Winamp - its free - and bingo -
    the files play - easy peasy

    :-)

+ Reply to Thread