Windows Defender Error 0x800106ba - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows Defender Error 0x800106ba - Microsoft Windows ; I read various reports and solutions to the (apparently) notorious Windows Defender Error Message 0x800106ba, but I have a slightly different question - is it really needed?? To get rid of the annoying message I ended up removing Windows Defender ...

  1. Windows Defender Error 0x800106ba

    I read various reports and solutions to the (apparently) notorious
    Windows Defender Error Message 0x800106ba, but I have a slightly
    different question - is it really needed??

    To get rid of the annoying message I ended up removing Windows Defender
    from the Add / Remove Programs Control Panel. I haven't bothered
    downloading Windows Defender again to re-install it, but I was
    wondering if it's really necessary since I already have Norton Internet
    Security running and frequently updated??

    Windows Defender seems to have installed itself as part of the Internet
    Explorer 7 package and then expired on 31 December, causing the error
    message. Will it cause any problems if I don't bother re-installing
    Windows Defender??

    Thanks :-)

    _
    _/ \___
    Anony-mouse says o_/O _/ \
    "Eek-eek-eek!" \__/_|_/_|\____/

  2. Re: Windows Defender Error 0x800106ba

    In article <070220071843409886%anony-mouse@hole.in.the.wall.com>,
    Anony-mouse wrote:

    > I read various reports and solutions to the (apparently) notorious
    > Windows Defender Error Message 0x800106ba, but I have a slightly
    > different question - is it really needed??
    >
    > To get rid of the annoying message I ended up removing Windows Defender
    > from the Add / Remove Programs Control Panel. I haven't bothered
    > downloading Windows Defender again to re-install it, but I was
    > wondering if it's really necessary since I already have Norton Internet
    > Security running and frequently updated??
    >
    > Windows Defender seems to have installed itself as part of the Internet
    > Explorer 7 package and then expired on 31 December, causing the error
    > message. Will it cause any problems if I don't bother re-installing
    > Windows Defender??
    >
    > Thanks :-)

    I should have said this is under MS Windows XP.

    _
    _/ \___
    Anony-mouse says o_/O _/ \

+ Reply to Thread