Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk - Microsoft Windows ; Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that ...

  1. Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable
    to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete
    this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that
    folder, it gives the same message "Access Denied". I tried some some
    freeware utilities that delete files and folder if it is in use, by
    terminating that process, but even these files are unable to delete
    that folder/file.

    These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.

    Please Help Me.

  2. Re: Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    chotu wrote:
    > Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable
    > to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete
    > this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that
    > folder, it gives the same message "Access Denied". I tried some some
    > freeware utilities that delete files and folder if it is in use, by
    > terminating that process, but even these files are unable to delete
    > that folder/file.
    >
    > These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    > operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.

    Essaie de démarrer en 'mode sans echec' (taper F8 comme un bossu au
    démarrage de l'ordi jusqu'à qu'il fait bip (qui veut dire qu'il a
    compris la pression sur la touche) pour qu'un menu apparaît avec cette
    option, puis démarrer en tant d'administrateur. Peut-être ça permttra
    d'effacer ces fichiers, ça vaut le coup d'essayer, sinon, reviens, on va
    trouver autre chose.

  3. Re: Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    John of Aix wrote:
    > chotu wrote:
    >> Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable
    >> to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete
    >> this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that
    >> folder, it gives the same message "Access Denied". I tried some some
    >> freeware utilities that delete files and folder if it is in use, by
    >> terminating that process, but even these files are unable to delete
    >> that folder/file.
    >>
    >> These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    >> operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.

    > Essaie de démarrer en 'mode sans echec' (taper F8 comme un bossu au
    > démarrage de l'ordi jusqu'à qu'il fait bip (qui veut dire qu'il a
    > compris la pression sur la touche) pour qu'un menu apparaît avec cette
    > option, puis démarrer en tant d'administrateur. Peut-être ça permttra
    > d'effacer ces fichiers, ça vaut le coup d'essayer, sinon, reviens, on
    > va trouver autre chose.

    Sorry, In French again.

    I was saying, try starting in failsafe mode (hit F8 several times when
    you turn you PC on until youget a menu giving this option) choose
    'Adminstrator' and try deleting them from there.

  4. Re: Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    "John of Aix" wrote in message
    > John of Aix wrote:
    >> chotu wrote:
    >>> Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable
    >>> to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete
    >>> this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that
    >>> folder, it gives the same message "Access Denied". I tried some some
    >>> freeware utilities that delete files and folder if it is in use, by
    >>> terminating that process, but even these files are unable to delete
    >>> that folder/file.
    >>>
    >>> These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    >>> operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.

    >> Essaie de démarrer en 'mode sans echec' (taper F8 comme un bossu au
    >> démarrage de l'ordi jusqu'à qu'il fait bip (qui veut dire qu'il a
    >> compris la pression sur la touche) pour qu'un menu apparaît avec cette
    >> option, puis démarrer en tant d'administrateur. Peut-être ça permttra
    >> d'effacer ces fichiers, ça vaut le coup d'essayer, sinon, reviens, on
    >> va trouver autre chose.

    > Sorry, In French again.
    >
    > I was saying, try starting in failsafe mode (hit F8 several times when you
    > turn you PC on until youget a menu giving this option) choose
    > 'Adminstrator' and try deleting them from there.

    Sanoisin mieluummin että ajakaa chkdsk c: /f /r .. oh, sorry, in finnish
    once.
    Run chkdsk c: /f /r (and reboot).
    But before that you should right-click, select Properties and check the
    Permissions for the folder.
    Assuming it's NTFS it may have happend that permissions aren't as you think.
    As Administrator you should have the ability to take ownership of the
    folder.

    - Sten

  5. Re: Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    "chotu" wrote:

    >These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    >operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.

    You have FORMATTED the drive, but some folders are left from the

    JK'07

  6. Re: Unable to Delete Folder From Hard Disk

    On Jan 30, 2:58 pm, "chotu" wrote:
    > Recently i formate my PC. Now a problem has introduced as i am unable
    > to delete some folders from the hard disk. Whenever i try to delete
    > this folder i get the message "Access Denied". I even can't open that
    > folder, it gives the same message "Access Denied". I tried some some
    > freeware utilities that delete files and folder if it is in use, by
    > terminating that process, but even these files are unable to delete
    > that folder/file.
    >
    > These folder i created in the cygwin installation folder on previous
    > operating system. After format i am unable to delete these file.
    >
    > Please Help Me.

    If you are using cygwin, why not open up a bash, and give the
    directory the right attributes? (read by all/write by all). You'll
    have to look up the commands online, shouldn't be hard to
    find.Alternatively, try deleting from inside cygwin. If that is too
    much, try downloading moveonboot, installing, and selecting the folder
    to be deleted on boot. You are probably looking at an invalid file
    header, so the file/folder isn't actually there, but shows up anyhow.
    Good luck

+ Reply to Thread