All search engines except google are slow on my pc - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on All search engines except google are slow on my pc - Microsoft Windows ; Windows XP Home IE 7 Not sure if this is the correct NG for this message, but . . . . I have found that all search engines except google are very sloooow on my pc. For instance a search ...

  1. All search engines except google are slow on my pc

    Windows XP Home
    IE 7

    Not sure if this is the correct NG for this message, but . . . .

    I have found that all search engines except google are very sloooow on
    my pc.

    For instance a search in google takes seconds to display the results.
    In yahoo, altavista, lycos it takes several minutes to display the
    same results.

    I'm not sure when this occurred, as I only rarely use search engines
    other than google.

    Any ideas?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Steve

  2. Re: All search engines except google are slow on my pc

    Steve Simons wrote in

    So what the **** is the problem?

    > Any ideas?

    Google didn't get to be Big Brother #1 for nothing. Dangle the
    right carrot...

    FWIW, depending on what else you have installed on your machine,
    I would not put it past certain parties to intentionally cripple
    "other" search engine activities...