    Thank for any help.

    Tim

  2. Re: Java support of Windows?

    On 2007-01-16, Tim vor der Brück wrote:

    > can someone answer me the following question?
    >
    > Does the Internet Explorer shiped with Windows XP (Vista) support Java?

    Does it matter? Just download java from Sun and install it:

    http://java.sun.com/downloads/

    > And if yes which version?

    Supported System Configurations:

    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...gurations.html

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: Java support of Windows?

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2007-01-16, Tim vor der Brück wrote:
    >
    >> can someone answer me the following question?
    >>
    >> Does the Internet Explorer shiped with Windows XP (Vista) support Java?

    > Does it matter? Just download java from Sun and install it:
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/downloads/
    >
    >> And if yes which version?

    > Supported System Configurations:
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...gurations.html

    I asked because we plan to make a Webserver based experiment and we need
    as many people for it as possible. If the participants have to install
    Java first they might not participate at all.
    Since Windows XP ist the most common OS nowadays I would like to make
    sure our Experiment can be accessed from the it without any problems.

  4. Re: Java support of Windows?

    On 2007-01-17, Tim vor der Brück wrote:

    > I asked because we plan to make a Webserver based experiment and we need
    > as many people for it as possible. If the participants have to install
    > Java first they might not participate at all.
    > Since Windows XP ist the most common OS nowadays I would like to make
    > sure our Experiment can be accessed from the it without any problems.

    IIRC, Microsoft stopped including Java with IE after losing the lawsuit
    with Sun over Microsoft's broken Java virtual machine. Rather than fix their
    Java implementation, or include Sun's Java with IE, MS decided to drop
    the whole thing, presumably in the hope that people would forget about
    Java (and cross-platform compatibility) and use just MS-only tools
    instead.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread