Source file corruptted! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Source file corruptted! - Microsoft Windows ; Hi all My sister keeps getting this error notification on everything she downloads an d trys to install. She can't get anything to work. I'm almost to the point of telling her to re-install Windows XP. Any ideas out there? ...

  1. Source file corruptted!

    Hi all
    My sister keeps getting this error notification on everything she downloads
    an d trys to install. She can't get anything to work. I'm almost to the
    point of telling her to re-install Windows XP. Any ideas out there?
    Tom

  2. Re: Source file corruptted!

    Cat in the Hat wrote:
    > Hi all
    > My sister keeps getting this error notification on everything she downloads
    > an d trys to install. She can't get anything to work. I'm almost to the
    > point of telling her to re-install Windows XP. Any ideas out there?
    > Tom

    It might a bit if you posted the error message!!

    (Easy mistake to make!)
    --
    Dave (from the UK)

    It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org

    http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database

  3. Re: Source file corruptted!

    Hi Dave
    The error is "Source File corrupt".
    Tom
    "Dave (from the UK)"
    wrote in message news:45acb0a8@212.67.96.135...
    > Cat in the Hat wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >> My sister keeps getting this error notification on everything she
    >> downloads an d trys to install. She can't get anything to work. I'm
    >> almost to the point of telling her to re-install Windows XP. Any ideas
    >> out there?
    >> Tom

    > It might a bit if you posted the error message!!
    >
    > (Easy mistake to make!)
    > --
    > Dave (from the UK)
    >
    > Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam.
    > It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org
    > Hitting reply will work for a few months only - later set it manually.
    >
    > http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database

  4. Re: Source file corruptted!

    Grab your OS install disk, and pop it in. Next, go to start... run...
    and type in
    sfc /scannow
    That will check all your system files, and repair them. After that, you
    may need to check windows updates just to make sure you've got
    everything updated after some replacements.

    On Jan 13, 9:56 pm, "Cat in the Hat"
    wrote:
    > Hi all
    > My sister keeps getting this error notification on everything she downloads
    > an d trys to install. She can't get anything to work. I'm almost to the
    > point of telling her to re-install Windows XP. Any ideas out there?
    > Tom

+ Reply to Thread