Backup - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Backup - Microsoft Windows ; I have XP home. Want to back up files using their program. Heard something about problems restoring from that backup. Anybody have any experience with the program? Or would you direct me to the proper group. Thanks -- Stan B....

  1. Backup

    --
    Stan B.

  2. Re: Backup

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:20:44 -0500, "Stan Baranowski"
    wrote:

    >I have XP home. Want to back up files using their program. Heard something
    >about problems restoring from that backup.
    >Anybody have any experience with the program?
    >Or would you direct me to the proper group.

    Coincidentally in an unrelated group one of the
    regulars posted a link to an article on backups.

    The original thread is :

    Newsgroups: alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.virus
    Subject: Partially OT: My article on system backup
    Might not be using the XP backup, but might be helpful.

    I call my article Budget Backup since it outlines a technique
    involving freeware drive cloning software, and inexpensive
    hardware, some of which you may have on hand from used
    PCs: http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg/budget.html

    Geo

+ Reply to Thread